Writers' Weekend Terms and Conditions
Bookings are offered on a first come, first served basis. The deadline for bookings is 5:00pm BST on 20 June, 2021.
Changes to booking: If you would like to make a change to your booking, please contact Booking@writersweekend.uk with your change request as quickly as possible. We will make every effort to accommodate your request, but it may not be possible in all circumstances. Changes are not allowed after 20 June, 2021.
Cancellation Policy: Please book only when you’re sure you can attend. If you do need to cancel, please notify Booking@writersweekend.uk as soon as possible. Refunds are made on the following basis: Cancellation within one week of booking will receive full refund up to 7 June, 2021. Cancellation after one week of booking, but before 5:00 pm 7 June, 2021: 80% of the total fee will be refunded. No refunds are possible after 7 June, 2021.
Speaker cancellation: The Director reserves the right to alter or amend the published programme and to substitute advertised speakers should this be necessary through indisposition or other unforeseen circumstance.
Weekend Programme: The programme is subject to change without notice at the discretion of the Festival.
Every effort is made to arrange appointments with your top choices, but spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis and popular agents and editors book up quickly. Early booking is strongly suggested. No discount if no one-to-ones are requested.
The Writers’ Weekend is not responsible for the opinions of literary agents, commissioning editors and authors giving one-to-ones.
One-to-One Appointment Times: One-to-One appointment slots last 15 minutes and the timing is strictly enforced. Please log in fifteen minutes before your appointment to be placed in a ‘waiting room’. When your appointment time comes, the moderator will move you into the agent’s ‘room’ and you will have a few minutes before the timer starts. Those that arrive late for their appointment will not be given extra time.
All one-to-one appointments are on a first-come, first-served basis and every effort will be made to secure your chosen speakers from your top choices, however, this cannot be guaranteed. If none of your choices is available, you will be contacted to select an alternative speaker. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
One-to-One purchases: Those purchasing the Weekend Package, Saturday Package or Sunday Package may purchase one extra one-to-ones for an additional fee of £60 per one-to-one. The appointment will be made from the list of choices on your booking, if available. Appointments may be made at any time over the four days that one-to-ones are being held (Thursday 24 June, Friday 25 June, Saturday 26 June, Sunday 27 June) If none of your choices is available, you will be contacted to choose a speaker that has availability. If none of the available speakers is suitable, your £60 will be refunded.
One-to-One Appointment requests that you make on the booking form are not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email of your appointment times from the Conference Administrator.
One-to-One submissions: Submissions must be uploaded into the online submission system by 11 June, 2021. If your booking is made after this date, it is not guaranteed that your submissions will be reviewed by the speaker before the One-to-One appointment, although they will do their best.
One-to-One feedback: Meeting with agents and editors can be a nerve-wracking experience. Our speakers are skilled at providing constructive feedback, but some attendees may receive unfavourable critiques. It is important to keep in mind that One-to-One appointments are really business meetings. Agents and editors are looking for specific commercially-viable work to promote and if you receive negative feedback from them, remember that it is only one person’s opinion.
The Writers’ Weekend is not responsible for the opinions of literary agents, commissioning editors and author mentors giving one-to-ones. If you are unsatisfied with the feedback that you receive, you will not be reimbursed for your appointment.
The Writers’ Weekend is not responsible for the opinions of Reedsy editors giving one-to-ones. If you are unsatisfied with the feedback that you receive, please contact Reedsy directly.
* Access links may not be shared with others or sold.
* The opinions of the speakers in the videos are their own and not necessarily those of the Writers’ Weekend.
* The Writers’ Weekend will make every attempt to help both the speaker and attendee to set up video-conferencing software for a face-to-face video-conference one-to-one. However, if there are technology issues that are beyond our control, we will try other means, including Facetime, Skype or a phone call.
Copyright: Copyright of all works submitted for talks, workshops and one-to-one appointments remains with the author.
Age: Participants must be 18 or over. However, children younger than 18 are more than welcome to view the keynote addresses.
Force Majeure: The Writers’ Weekend shall incur no liability for any failure to fulfil any obligation under the Contract if prevented from doing so by any cause beyond its reasonable control.
Writers’ Circle Terms and Conditions
By signing up to be part of a Writers’ Circle, you are agreeing to the following TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Please read them carefully. (They will also be included in the booking confirmation email for your reference.)
- The Writers’ Circle runs between 16 May and 5 July. If groups want to continue beyond that date, check with the Writers’ Weekend to determine if it is possible.
- Discussion and writing within the groups are considered confidential information and may not be shared with anyone outside of the group. The writing of other group members may not be shared outside the group without their permission.
- Verbal and written abuse will not be tolerated and if a group member is abusive toward another in any communication to any member of the group, they will be removed from the Writers’ Circle and their payment will not be refunded.
- The Writers’ Weekend may remove and ban any group member that exhibits abusive behaviour toward another group member or the Writers’ Weekend staff, without refund. The definition of ‘abusive behaviour’ is at the sole discretion of the Writers’ Weekend.
- A writer may change to a different group within the first week only if their writing is not a good fit with their original group, and if there is space in another group. More than one change of group is not allowed.
- Cancellation Policy: 80% refund if a writer withdraws within the first week, no refund beyond the first full week. Deadline for cancellation with 80% refund is Sunday, 23 May, at 11:59 pm BST.