The Monica Wood Scholarships
Writers’ Weekend is offering two scholarships to writers aged 18-25 of limited means who would like to apply for a free weekend package to attend the event. The funding covers the cost of access to all workshops and talks, four one-to-one appointments with industry experts, all meals, accommodation on Friday and Saturday night and a grant (max £75) towards travel to and from Winchester. Generously funded by Monica Wood. DEADLINE: 22 APRIL, 2020.
How to apply:
Please fill in the contact form by following the link on this page and include the following information:
- What you are applying for: Scholarship or Bursary
- A statement of 300 words maximum outlining your writing interests and details of any publications/performances or publishing experience, as well as what you hope to gain by attending the Writers’ Weekend.
- Contact details including postal address, telephone number and date of birth. If you are awarded a place you will be asked to send proof of your date of birth.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Evidence for strong commitment to the practice of creative writing.
- Commitment to dissemination of creative work (publications, competitions, performances and so on).
- High level communication skills.
- Willingness to engage with the Weekend’s aims and activities, including via social media.
DEADLINE: 22 APRIL, 2020
Barbara Large Bursary Fund
for writers of any age
DEADLINE: 3 July, 2020 (or until the fund has been fully distributed)
Due to the generosity of many Writers’ Weekend attendees, the Barbara Large Bursary Fund has a limited number of £75 bursaries available for writers experiencing financial difficulty.
This offer is open to all Writers’ Weekend package applicants. Please fill in the contact form by following the link on this page. Start your message with the words ‘Bursary Request’ and write a brief note about yourself. Bursaries will begin to be distributed when the Bursary Fund accumulates enough funds, which is dependent on attendee donations.